Contractors digging to put in a sprinkler system accidentally punctured as gas line Monday at a Franklin County home, fire officials said.
Gas leaked from the line for about 30 minutes in the neighborhood around the 6600 block of Saddlebred Loop, fire officials said.
Two people were evacuated from the neighborhood and another was kept inside. A section of Road 68 was blocked off for about an hour.
Cascade Natural Gas was able to crimp the line and officials believe about 30 people were affected by the leak, fire officials said.
Never miss a local story.
The Pasco Fire Department responded and help secure the scene.