A Pasco family was displaced from their home Monday night after a fire burned their kitchen and living room.
Firefighters were called at 6:55 p.m. for the blaze at 1915 W. Jay St.
No one was home at the time of the fire, which is believed to have started near the stove, said Capt. Garrett Jenks, who was filling in as battalion chief for the night.
Jenks said aside from the kitchen and living room, there was smoke damage throughout the apartment. Flames did not pass to adjoining units in the cinderblock building.
Never miss a local story.
Pasco crews were assisted by Kennewick Fire Department, and had a total of five trucks and three medic units at the scene.
They were still trying late Monday to get in touch with the residents — believed to be a young couple with a child — to find out if they needed a place to stay.