A Umatilla man will not fight extradition to Benton County to face a murder charge in the death of David Perez-Saucedo, who was found shot along with two Pasco women in a cornfield last summer.
Francisco J. Miranda-Resendiz, 23, recently signed an extradition waiver, agreeing to be brought to Benton County on the murder charge, said Daniel Primus, Umatilla County district attorney.
Benton County prosecutors charged Miranda-Resendiz last week with first-degree murder, almost two months after Perez-Saucedo, 22, Abigail Torres-Renteria, 23, and Victoria Torres, 19, were found near Nine Canyon and Coffin roads south of Finley.
Miranda-Resendiz is not charged in the deaths of the Pasco women.
Never miss a local story.
He is currently being held at the Umatilla County jail in lieu of $1 million bail.
It’s unclear when Miranda-Resendiz will be in a Benton County court to enter a plea to the charge. Benton County prosecutors could not be reached Thursday about the case.
Miranda-Resendiz also is awaiting a December trial on an attempted assault case in Oregon.
Oregon investigators say he tried to assault a friend of the slaying victims, possibly with a knife, at a Umatilla convenience store the night before the other three were found dead.
The three Pasco victims were seen on surveillance video at the store that night getting into vehicles with Miranda-Resendiz and other persons of interest in the case, court documents said. At least one of the men in the video appeared to be armed.
The shootings may have been retaliation for a break-in at Miranda-Resendiz’s Umatilla apartment, said court documents.
Miranda-Resendiz’s father and two brothers also are wanted for questioning in the case. Authorities believe Fidel Miranda-Huitron, 51, Eduardo Miranda-Resendiz, 24, and Fernando De Jesus Miranda-Resendiz, 19, have left the state.