A Tri-City man is accused of burglarizing the Kennewick homes of relatives and others his family knew during the past few months.
Jose L. Torres Lopez, 18, is charged in Benton County Superior Court with three counts of residential burglary and one count of theft of a firearm.
He's scheduled to appear in court Oct. 9 to enter a plea in the new case.
According to court documents, a South Sharron Street resident was out of town when his home was hit July 16.
The homeowner reported to Kennewick police that the stolen property included an iPad, two shotguns, two rifles and a black semi-automatic .40-caliber Smith & Wesson pistol.
The victim works with one of Torres Lopez's relatives, documents said.
Then on July 28, the residents of another South Sharron Street home were at school and work when their property was burglarized. Items taken included two cellphones.
Jewelry, electronics and clothing were stolen Sept. 12 from a South Kent Street home while the family was away, documents said.
Torres Lopez was contacted by Kennewick investigators to discuss his possible involvement in the burglaries. He allegedly admitted to participating in all three, and said he acted as a lookout during the first Sharron Street burglary.
Some of the missing property was recovered at the home where Torres Lopez had been staying, and at another home that was being vacated by a sibling, court documents said.
Torres Lopez told police the firearms taken from the first home were sold by other participants in the burglary, and that he received cash from another person after the sales were done, documents said.
Torres Lopez is out of custody after posting bond on $20,000 bail. He's been ordered not to contact the burglary victims while the case is pending.
-- Kristin M. Kraemer: 509-582-1531; email@example.com; Twitter: @KristinMKraemer