No one was injured Saturday when a small fire burned in the basement of house on West Bonneville Street in Pasco.
Fire crews were called around 3 p.m. when a passerby noticed smoke coming from the basement, said Pasco Battalion Chief Dave Hare.
Crews used a hose to douse the fire, putting it out in around five minutes.
It appears the fire started near a crock pot or microwave oven, Hare said.
Never miss a local story.
“At this point we are not sure of the cause,” he said. “We are leaning towards an electrical fire.”
No residents were home when the fire started. There was some damage to the home and it was unclear if residents would be allowed back.
The Benton Public Utility District was called out to help investigate.
Crews from Pasco, Franklin Fire District 3 and Kennewick responded.