Three people, including a two-year-old, were burned Wednesday during a Prosser house fire.
The burn victims were treated at Sunnyside Hospital, said Doug Merritt, chief of Prosser Fire District 3. A woman drove the victims to the hospital before fire crews arrived.
The ages of the other two victims were not released.
The two-year-old was treated for minor burns, said Lt. Chuck Jones of the Benton County Sheriff’s Office.
Never miss a local story.
The conditions of the other two victims were not released.
The fire was started by a space heater inside a bedroom at the house on the 800 block of North County Line Road, Merritt said. It appears to be accidental.
Prosser firefighters arrived on scene around 9:45 a.m. and helped put out the fire in about five minutes, Merritt said. No one was in the house when crews arrived.
There was fire damage in the bedroom and smoke damage throughout the house, Merritt said. Officials estimate there is around $15,000 worth of damage.
Yakima Fire District 5 helped fight the fire.