A Kennewick apartment sustained minor fire damage Tuesday from a fire in a child’s bedroom, according to a press release from the Kennewick Police Department.
The fire was started by a 4-year-old child using a lighter. The boy then went outside and found Christopher Tarr of Kennewick who called the Kennewick Fire Department at 6:15 p.m. to report the fire at 4819 W. Canal Drive, Apt. C, police said.
Fire crews responded and contained the fire. The rest of the apartment has only smoke damage.
The child received a minor burn to his foot, police said.
Never miss a local story.
The Kennewick Fire Department is investigating the incident.