A fire probably sparked by a barbecue grill burned one unit of a Pasco four-plex tonight off Road 68.
The fire started outside the building and heavily damaged the outside of one apartment at the Navigator Apartments, said fire officials at the scene.
Juan Rangel said he was at home with his wife and three young daughters and was cooking hamburgers on an outside grill. He said he went inside for a moment and when he returned the fire had started.
No one was hurt in the blaze that happened about 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Never miss a local story.
"It was really scary. I've never pictured something like this happening to us," Rangel said. "I'm just glad everyone is OK. That's the important thing."
The apartment manager was finding another unit where the family could stay the night. Other units were not seriously damaged.