Two sheds and a chicken coop caught fire on Thursday afternoon at a house near South Haney Road in Finley.
Multiple chickens died in the fire, though there were “quite a few survivors,” Capt. Devin Helland with Benton Fire District 1 said. The fire may have been started by a heat lamp that was left in the chicken coup to help keep the chickens warm.
Fire crews had the fires, which burned about 25 feet from a home at 18607 S. Haney Rd., controlled within 15 minutes, Helland said.
The home owners weren’t home when the fire started some time before 2:55 p.m. and Helland said other items they had in the sheds were destroyed.