Kennewick fire investigators still are waiting to determine the cause of a double-wide mobile home fire that burned Monday.
Fire Marshal Mark Yaden said they are trying to find someone with forensic electrical expertise and expected they likely won't go back into the house at 2302 N. Utah St. until next week.
An initial investigation showed some wiring issues in the back bedroom where the blaze started, but Yaden said they need the expert to help determine if the damage to the wiring caused the fire or was damaged by the fire.
Yaden previously told the Herald that all possibilities -- from arson to accidental -- are being considered.
Never miss a local story.
A family of five was living in the home as renters. The owner told the Herald the home recently had been remodeled and a friend was planning to move in once the renters moved out.