Two small children and their mother were burned when a gas can exploded Saturday afternoon in Grandview.
The mother was burning papers in a small fire in the 300 block of Munson Court at 2:25 p.m. When she poured gasoline on the fire, the gas can exploded, according to Grandview police.
Her 5-year-old daughter had severe burns to her legs, abdomen, hands and arms, according to police reports. A 3-year-old child also was burned, but police did not know the extent of injuries.
All three were taken to Sunnyside Community Hospital and then transferred to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Never miss a local story.
Police say the explosion appears to have been an accident.