Students were evacuated from a high school in Pasco after reports of an odd gas-like smell reported throughout the building Friday.
Staff called 911 about 8:47 a.m. at Delta High School to report a gas-like smell in the building.
Crews from Pasco fire and Cascade Natural Gas showed up to check the building before a temporary evacuation, but found nothing.
Students and staff then returned to the building at 9:40 a.m., Pasco School District officials said.
Never miss a local story.
But 10 minutes later three students said they felt sick. They were checked out and appeared to be fine. But after reports of the smell continued, the school was evacuated again about 10:35 a.m.
The Delta High students were taken to Chiawana High School to finish their day. They will be bused back at Delta High when the day ends so they can use their normal mode of after-school transportation, district officials said.
Pasco fire continued to search the building until about noon, but again found nothing. Crews from Cascade Natural Gas will continue to examine the building, Pasco fire officials said.
No gas leaks were reported, district officials said.