The United Way of Benton & Franklin Counties raised $4 million during its 2015 fundraising campaign.
The total was announced Tuesday during the nonprofit’s annual Live United event in Kennewick.
Several individuals and businesses also were honored for their fundraising and volunteer work.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Bruce Hawkins of Educational Service District 123 received the United Way Distinguished Volunteer of the Year award. “As an expert in strategic planning, business partnerships, and community education, Bruce has played a key role in the development and implementation of United Way’s initiatives, including the most successful to date -- Attendance Matters,” a news release said.
▪ Small Business Partner of the Year went to Dade Moeller and the Corporate Business Partner of the Year went to Bechtel National.
▪ The United Way Community Solutions Media Partner of the Year Award went to Spectrum Reach, and the United Way Community Solutions Initiative Partner of the Year Award went to DQ Grill &Chill.
▪ Jason Altman of Mission Support Alliance won the United Way’s Young Leaders Society Volunteer of the Year award.
▪ The award for the Largest Percentage Increase in Total Giving for a small company was Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 598 and for a large company went to Trios Health.
▪ The Highest Employee Giving Per Capita Award was presented to AECOM at the vitrification plant.