The gastrointestinal illness that prompted the brief closure last month of Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches in Kennewick was norovirus, said Benton-Franklin Health District’s health officer.
The district received several reports of the illness toward the end of May, including from people who’d eaten at the West Clearwater Avenue restaurant.
The restaurant closed for a little more than a day and reopened after being cleaned and sanitized. The food also was replaced.
The district hasn’t heard of any further problems, said Dr. Amy Person, health officer, on Wednesday.
Never miss a local story.
Norovirus is a contagious virus that can cause symptoms including stomach pain, nausea and diarrhea.