A Grandview home was destroyed after the homeowner lost control of a fire he was using to burn weeds in his front yard, according to Yakima County Fire District 5.
When firefighters arrived at 651 E. Stover Rd at about 12:13 p.m. Saturday, fire had spread from an arborvitaes next to the house into the front of the home, officials said.
The home owned by Gregory Marple was a complete loss, officials said. The value of the loss is estimated at about $440,000.
The fire was under control by about 3:24 p.m., officials said. No one was injured.
Never miss a local story.
About 25 firefighters helped put out the fire. The Sunnyside Fire Department, Benton Fire District 3 from Prosser, the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office and Pacific Power & Light all assisted.