PROSSER -- Three people, including a 2-year-old, were burned Wednesday when a space heater started a Prosser house fire.
The burn victims were treated at Sunnyside Community Hospital, said Doug Merritt, chief of Prosser Fire District 3. A woman drove the victims to the hospital before fire crews arrived.
The names, ages and conditions of the other two people were not released.
The 2-year-old was treated for minor burns, said Lt. Chuck Jones of the Benton County Sheriff's Office.
Never miss a local story.
The heater in a bedroom started the fire in a house on the 800 block of North County Line Road, Merritt said. It appears to be accidental.
Prosser firefighters arrived about 9:45 a.m. and helped put out the fire in about five minutes, Merritt said. No one was in the house when crews arrived. Yakima Fire District 5 helped fight the fire.
Officials estimate about $15,000 in damages.