The city council is expected to approve salary increases of 8.5 percent for City Attorney Tim Donaldson and 3 percent for City Manager Nabiel Shawa when it meets Wednesday.
Salary increases for the city's top two to administrative staff fall under the authority of city council members, who review, hire and approve contracts for the two positions.
"(City Attorney) Donaldson has declined pay raises several times over the last few years and his salary has fallen behind," Mayor Jim Barrow said, explaining the reason the council may vote to increase Donaldson's annual salary from $119,523 to $129,780.
Shawa's 3 percent raise will take his salary from $142,800 to $147,084.
Never miss a local story.
Barrow explained that all non-represented employees received a cost-of-living increase of 2 percent, and some directors, including Shawa, were given an additional 1 percent raise for a total 3 percent salary in 2014.
Most of the city's 234 full-time employees will likely receive a 2 percent salary increase, but police officers and firefighters are still negotiating union contracts for 2013 and 2014.
Binding arbitration between the city and the unions is expected to take place in the next few weeks.
Wednesday's Council meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. at city hall, 15 N. Third Avenue.