Trial is scheduled Jan. 15 for an Oregon man accused of sexually assaulting a young teen girl more than eight years ago.
Miguel A. Castillo, 19, pleaded innocent to one count of indecent liberties, a felony.
A Franklin County sheriff's deputy was investigating another child sex case in 2009, allegedly involving Castillo, when this victim came forward and said she'd been sexually abused by him, court documents said.
The girl later told a victim advocate that he had inappropriately touched her on a number of occasions in early 2005 and may have raped her once, documents said.
Castillo had been locked up on $25,000 bail.
Judge Vic VanderSchoor lowered the amount Tuesday to $7,500 and told the Portland man that if he posts bond, he is allowed to travel throughout the state of Oregon. Castillo also must have no contact with the girl.