Officials from Trios Health, formerly Kennewick General Hospital, are investigating after several employees in the Health Information Department became sick last week with symptoms including dizziness, headache, nausea and fatigue.
The symptoms were consistent with possible carbon monoxide exposure, although carbon monoxide tests performed later that day by fire department and hospital officials and the following day by an environmental services company were negative, according to information from Trios.
The environmental services company also tested for other substances but didn't find anything, the information said. "The cause remains under close investigation, and proper precautions and communications are being taken," it said.
Carbon monoxide detectors have been installed.
Never miss a local story.
Ten employees were affected or potentially affected, and "every case was treated appropriately and continues to be monitored closely," the information said. The department is on the second floor, in a non-patient wing.