A fire burned 60 acres Monday in Finley but didn't cause any injuries or threaten any buildings.
The fire, which was reported at 2:17 p.m., was caused by a spark from a circular saw a man was using to cut metal wire, said Benton Fire District 1 Capt. Devin Helland. The man tried to put the fire out but it got away from him, burning an area along Game Farm Road.
While the fire burned in an empty field, it came close to apple and cherry orchards, located to the south and west, Helland said.
"The trees took quite a bit of heat," Helland said.
Never miss a local story.
The Kennewick Game Farm was to the north of the fire, he said.
Fire District 1 had 16 people fighting the blaze, which took about an hour to get under control, Helland said. They spent another hour "mopping up."