Local

July 20, 2013 12:05 AM

Doing the math: Measuring charitable services not always straightforward

A Herald financial review of 40 of the Tri-City area’s biggest and best-known nonprofits found the vast majority spent no more than 35 percent of their total expenditures on overhead, leaving at least 65 percent for services.

Related content

Comments

Videos

More Videos

Waddle we do? 00:30

Waddle we do?

RJ Lee explains how its mobile chemical detection lab works 06:13

RJ Lee explains how its mobile chemical detection lab works

Video of rain, wind and hail that hit the Tri-Cities on Saturday 01:44

Video of rain, wind and hail that hit the Tri-Cities on Saturday

Footage of haystack fire in Franklin County 00:14

Footage of haystack fire in Franklin County

60th anniversary of Cleavenger drownings 01:13

60th anniversary of Cleavenger drownings

Preparations for the Insane Inflatable 5K Setup 00:54

Preparations for the Insane Inflatable 5K Setup

A special night for the Tri-Tech Firefighting Program 01:24

A special night for the Tri-Tech Firefighting Program

Surprise rainstorm in downtown Kennewick 00:29

Surprise rainstorm in downtown Kennewick

George Pataki at Washington Policy Center's conference 01:17

George Pataki at Washington Policy Center's conference

Longtime lead poisoning in Benton City boy traced to sheepskin rugs 01:57

Longtime lead poisoning in Benton City boy traced to sheepskin rugs

Pasco Police Virtual Ridealong 01:06

Pasco Police Virtual Ridealong

Share Video

Editor's Choice Videos