The man found dead Tuesday in a Pasco hotel has been identified as Pete Martinez, 61, of Pasco.
Franklin County Coroner Dan Blasdel said in a Thursday news release that he died from inhaling smoke and carbon monoxide. His manner of death is undetermined, said the release.
The circumstances are suspicious enough that police are investigating the death as a possible homicide.
Martinez's son told authorities his father had been living in Washington for four to five months and had moved here from Texas.
Never miss a local story.
The release also said samples will be sent to the state toxicology lab for testing.
Martinez was found dead in a room at the Tahitian Inn on West Lewis Street in Pasco. The room was in disarray and there appeared to have been a fire, Pasco police said.
Dr. Sig Menchel, a forensic pathologist from Bellevue, performed the autopsy.