STANFIELD -- Officials have told people staying at the Pilot RV Park and truck stop to boil their water after it tested positive for E. coli bacteria Thursday.
The well at the truck stop on Highway 395 was found to be contaminated with bacteria that can make people sick.
Officials with the city of Stanfield and the health department are working to fix the problem and hope to have the issue resolved in a couple of days, according to a news release.
Municipal drinking water is not at risk, officials said.
Never miss a local story.
People who are at an increased risk for serious complications include infants, young children and people with compromised immune systems.
Symptoms to watch for include diarrhea, cramps, nausea and headaches. If you experience any of these symptoms, contact your health care provider, said officials.
Officials are recommending people switch to bottled water or boil their water for more than a minute, then let it cool before drinking it. Boiled or bottled water also should be used for making ice cubes, brushing teeth, washing dishes and food preparation until further notice.