Two Walla Walla men were taken to the hospital after a fire sparked by cigarettes started in an RV parked behind a home, officials said.
An 80-year-old who lived in the trailer parked at 609 S. 12th Ave., and the 46-year-old who rescued him were both treated at Walla Walla General Hospital, said Deputy Fire Chief Brad Morris.
Walla Walla firefighters were called at 9:45 p.m. Saturday and the first crews on scene found the RV was fully engulfed in flames, along with part of the back of the house, Morris said.
The fire was contained in about 20 minutes. Damage was estimated at $1,000 to the trailer and $5,000 to the home.
Never miss a local story.
The cause of the fire was attributed to unsafe smoking practices in the trailer, Morris said.