Cigarettes are said to be the cause of a fire Sunday that damaged five units at the Stonegate Apartments in Pasco.
Pasco fire Capt. Dave Hare said one unit was gutted and four others were extensively damaged by smoke and water.
There were no injuries reported in the fire called in at 2:05 p.m. at the complex at 6102 Road 68.
Hare said improper disposal of cigarette butts on an apartment balcony caused the fire.
Never miss a local story.
The Red Cross was called to help the residents of the five damaged apartments.