A 71-year-old woman severely burned Sunday when a fire started in her room at Cedars Inn and Suites in Kennewick remained in critical condition Monday at a Seattle hospital.
The Yakima woman, whose name was not released, apparently was smoking in bed when her bedding and clothing caught fire, said Kennewick police and fire officials.
She was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where another woman who was burned in a recent Kennewick fire is improving.
Aireen Upton, 49, was in stable condition Monday, said Kennewick Fire Marshal Mark Yaden.
Never miss a local story.
Upton's mobile home at 4815 W. Clearwater Ave., No. 35, caught fire at 3:20 a.m. on Jan. 23.
She got out a of bedroom window but still suffered severe burns and smoke inhalation.
Her mother, Elvira "Elvie" Pidcock, 65, died from smoke inhalation and burns.