GRANDVIEW -- An attic fire caused moderate to severe damage to a house Friday night, the Grandview Fire Department reported.
Firefighters arriving shortly after the fire was reported at 8:37 p.m. found fire in the attic of the two-story house on Cedar Street as well as in an upstairs closet.
The fire department said firefighters needed almost 90 minutes to bring the blaze under control because of difficulty accessing pockets of fire in the attic.
The fire started in the attic in the area of the chimney pipe for a wood stove, the fire department reported.
Never miss a local story.
The American Red Cross was contacted to assist with temporary housing for the six family members who occupied the residence.