PASCO — A 36-year-old Richland man was found dead from unknown causes Saturday at a hotel in Pasco.
Shawn Teague Blalock went to visit a friend who was staying at The Tahitian Inn hotel, 2724 W. Lewis St., Friday night, and his body was discovered early Saturday morning, said Franklin County Coroner Dan Blasdel.
Blalock's death is suspected to be an overdose, but authorities won't know for sure until the toxicology tests come back, Blasdel said.
"This is the fifth death since March 15 that is suspected of being an overdose, and I find that unusual for Pasco," Blasdel said. "It makes me wonder if there isn't some tainted drugs making the rounds here."
Never miss a local story.
Two women in there 30s, an 18-year-old male and a 65-year-old male died from suspected drug overdoses. Autopsies were performed on the victims and each came back inconclusive for natural causes.
"The older man's death was determined to be a suicide (but still drug related)," Blasdel said. "It takes six to 12 weeks to get results back from the lab on exactly what kind of drugs were in their systems."
And autopsy on Blalock also is planned for today to determine whether his death was of natural causes, he added.