RICHLAND -- Tenants were displaced from a Richland apartment complex early Sunday after something left cooking on a stove set off a sprinkler system.
Richland Fire Department responded to a 12:25 a.m. call to McMurray Park Apartments at 1780 Pike Ave., Battalion Chief Curtis Walsh said.
When they arrived, they confirmed the fire was out. They shut down the sprinkler system and repaired it. Water damage was confined to the kitchen of the second-story apartment, G201.
Walsh said tenants in that apartment as well as the apartment below it, G101, had to find somewhere else to stay for the rest of the evening due to water damage.
Never miss a local story.
Walsh said it's his department's policy not to disclose the names of the tenants, and he didn't know how many were displaced.
No damage estimate was available.