Overnight freezing rain in the Tri-Cities has schools and other agencies canceling activities or causing delayed openings Thursday.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather warning through 10 a.m. Thursday for much of the Mid-Columbia.
This list will be updated throughout the day. Send closure notices to email@example.com.
- Several flights to the Tri-Cities Airport in Pasco were canceled or delayed. Check the airport’s web site for flight information.
- Kennewick, Richland and Pasco school districts closed school for the day. Before and after-school activities are canceled in all three districts.
- WSU Tri-Cities opened two hours late. Classes prior to 10 a.m. were canceled.
- The city of Richland canceled garbage collection for Thursday. Thursday garbage will be collected Friday and Friday garbage will be collected Saturday.
- Highway 12 White Pass is closed in both directions because of multiple snow slides. The Washington Department of Transportation will update conditions at 4 p.m. Westbound traffic is stopped at Oak Creek. Eastbound is stopped at Highway 123.
- I-90 Snoqualmie Pass is closed Thursday due to avalanche danger. Crews will conduct avalanche control work throughout the day and will reevaluate conditions at 4 p.m. Eastbound traffic is stopped near North Bend and westbound traffic is stopped near Easton.
- Highway 124 from 24 miles east of Burbank to the junction with Highway 125 was closed Thursday morning because of a wreck. It reopened at 11 a.m.
- The Pacific Northwest National Laboratory opened two hours late for nonessential staff in Richland and on the Hanford Site.
- Update: Hanford vit plant day shift work at the construction site and craft work at the Material Handling Facility are canceled for the day. In-town workers on the vit plant project should report at 11:30 a.m. Night shift is on the regular schedule.
- Update: Hanford environmental cleanup work is canceled north of the Wye Barricade for non-essential employees. Employees working south of the Wye Barricade, including workers in Richland, should report at 11:30 a.m. Swing and graveyard shifts are on the regular schedule.
- Prosser City Hall opened three hours late, at 11 a.m.
- The Yakima Airport closed for freezing rain but was expected to reopen by 9 a.m.
- Benton PUD Prosser office opened late at 10 a.m.
- Additional school information is posted at bit.ly/snowdelays.