▪ The annual ceremony at the Regional Veterans Memorial at Columbia Park in Kennewick starts at 11 a.m. Friday .
State Rep. Brad Klippert, R-Kennewick, is scheduled to speak, and a representative from U.S. Sen. Patty Murray’s office will be on hand, along with other dignitaries.
Music is planned and the Richland VFW will offer a gun salute.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Pasco American Legion Post 34 is presenting a Veterans Day program at 11 a.m. Friday at the flagpoles at Columbia Memorial Gardens, 224 S. 24th Ave. in Pasco.
▪ The Walla Walla VA Medical Center plans a veterans recognition ceremony 1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursday. Cake and coffee will be served, and there will be a door prize drawing.
The Medical Center director will give opening remarks at 1 p.m., and other remarks will be provided by Cathy Schaeffer, the deputy district director for Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers.
Special recognition certificates will be presented to all veterans attending.
▪ A free program and dinner for veterans is planned at the American Legion Hall, 908 Dale Ave., Benton City . Program starts at 5 p.m. with dinner following.
The annual Prosser Veterans Day Parade starts at 11 a.m. Friday to recognize and honor local veterans.
The parade begins at Keene-Riverview Elementary School, 832 Park Ave., and follows along Bennett Avenue, Seventh Street, Prosser Avenue, Sixth Street, Meade Avenue and Market Street.
For more information, call the Prosser Chamber of Commerce: 509-786-3177.
Program, dinner, dance
A Veterans Day program, dinner and dance starts at 6 p.m. Friday at the Pasco Eagles Club, 2829 W. Sylvester St. People don’t have to be a member to attend.
Cost is $6 per person, with veterans admitted free. The turkey dinner is $8.
The program will include a color guard, Tri-City Young Marines, guest speakers and more.
▪ David Aguilar from the Walla Walla VA is presenting “How Can We Serve You? Veteran’s Healthcare in the Community Setting.”
▪ The East Benton County Historical Society, 205 Keewaydin Drive, Kennewick, is offering free admission to veterans, active service members and their immediate families from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
There will be crafts, story sharing and a large collection of uniforms, medals, photos and more.
Bring canned food, protein bars and bottled water to give to the Veterans Opportunity Center and Columbia Basin Veterans Coalition.
A Columbia River Classic 10-mile and two-mile fun run is Saturday at the USS Triton Submarine Memorial Park museum, 3240 Richardson Road, Richland. The two-mile race begins at 9:30 a.m., and the 10-mile race begins at 10 a.m.
Register at Paper Street Brewery from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday .
Autobahn Auto Care is offering a free express car wash to military personnel and veterans on Friday .
Owner Chad Baker said he makes the offer in honor of his father, who served as a medic in Vietnam.
Autobahn is open from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 3928 W. Clearwater Ave., Kennewick.
Other Tri-City car washes are participating with Grace for Vets to offer a free car wash Friday. They include: Bush Car Wash, 1131 Aaron Drive, Richland, and 7200 Burden Blvd., Pasco; Liberty Car Wash, 4903 Convention Drive, Pasco, and 418 Riverstone Drive, Richland; and Mister Car Wash, 404 N. Columbia Center in Kennewick.
Coffee for patriots
The Kennewick, Richland and Pasco outlets for Dutch Bros. Coffee will donate proceeds from Friday sales to Camp Patriot.
Camp Patriot launched in 2006 to provide outdoor programs to wounded and disabled veterans.
▪ Cousins’ Restaurant in Pasco will show its gratitude to veterans with a free meal offered to active and retired military from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday. The restaurant is at 4605 N. Road 68.
▪ Texas Roadhouse in Kennewick is offering free lunch to U.S. military members and veterans from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday. Proof of service includes a military ID, VA card or discharge papers.
The restaurant is at 845 N. Columbia Center Blvd.
▪ Roasters Coffee is offering free drinks to all veterans and their families at all locations Friday.
▪ Other restaurant chains offering deals for veterans, though not all franchises may be participating, include: Red Robin, Red Lobster, Outback Steakhouse, Little Caesars Pizza, Krispy Kreme, IHOP, Denny’s, Chuck E. Cheese’s, Chipotle, Applebee’s and Bob’s Burgers & Brew.