- Boardman recently developed a Storefront Facade Improvement Program. The program will provide loans and grants for the improvement of local businesses. The money will be awarded to select businesses on a first-come, first-served basis. Improvements can include exterior lighting, canopies and awnings, painting and masonry and new signs. For more information, visit cityofboardman. com or call 541-481-9252.
Honors, awardsmug to prepress
- Phil Rasch, of Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, has been awarded the prestigious 2013 Community Earth System Model (CESM) Distinguished Achievement Award by the CESM advisory board. He is the chief scientist for climate science at PNNL, where the model is used for much of its climate science. CESM is a complex model that allows all components of the Earth, including land, atmosphere and ocean, to “talk” to each other. Rasch was honored for his contribution to its growth and prominence, including as a member of the CESM Scientific Steering Committee.
Never miss a local story.
- Olja Djuranovic of Kennewick was recently named a member of New York Life Insurance Company’s Executive Council for being one of the most successful of the company’s employees. Djuranovic is a financial service professional at NYLIFE Securites, 1009 N. Center Parkway, Suite 200, Kennewick.
- Wayne Glines, a senior health physicist at Dade Moeller, has been named to the 2013 Fellow Class of the Health Physics Society. He provides leadership and support for Dade Moeller’s business operations in the Department of Energy, dosimetry and Department of Homeland Security markets. He previously was senior technical adviser for radiological controls at the DOE Hanford Richland Operations Office.
- Lida Alikhani recently joined KAPP/KVEW as a multimedia journalist and general assignment reporter. The station also hired Yasmeen Hassan to produce and anchor the 6:30 p.m. news.