Port of Pasco commissioners plan to pick their newest commissioner on July 26.
Commissioners Jim Klindworth and Ron Reimann finished interviewing candidates for the District 2 position Tuesday.
Longtime commissioner Ernie Boston's retirement from the position was announced May 21. He died May 30.
Never miss a local story.
* Bob Alberts, former Richland city engineer and former Pasco public works director.
* Herb Brayton, a senior buyer for Bechtel, who purchased equipment for the Hanford waste treatment plant and an Army veteran.
* Danette Layne, human resources generalist for Richland's Vista Engineering Technology and a Columbia Basin College adjunct instructor.
* Mike Levin, general manager of Action Auto Services and Action Towing in Kennewick and Pasco, and a Pasco Planning Commission member.
* Jean Ryckman, former Franklin PUD manager and former Pasco School Board member.
* Bill Saraceno, CBC senior vice president of administration and a Tri-Cities Research District board member.
Port commissioners said they will likely have a closed-door session on July 26 to discuss candidates' qualifications before making a decision in open session.
Port commissioners make $9,600 a year plus $104 per meeting. Commissioners serve a six-year term.
The District 2 seat will be up for election in November 2013.