Gail Everett, Richland's environmental education coordinator, sent out a news release detailing three upcoming events related to restoration projects in the Tri-Cities.
The first is a request for help with the Amon Basin Restoration Project. A section of land needs to be weeded on Saturday, May 26, at 9 a.m. The project begins at 9 a.m. with plans to be completed by 1 p.m.
Dress for the weather.
Bring work gloves and tools for weeding (label your tools with your name).
Bring your own reusable water container.
Come when you can; leave when you must.
Leave your dog at home.
A portable toilet is available.
Questions? Call Kathy Dechter at 509-627-0950 or Scott Woodward at 509-627-3621.
Directions: The best place to park nearest the restoration area is in the Willow Brooks neighborhood, Leslie and Center Boulevard. Park by the green gate. A short walk will deliver you to the restoration area. Click here for a Google Map: http://g.co/maps/fsr6k.
Native plant restoration at Leslie Groves North on Sunday, May 27, from 9-11 a.m.
Go to the north part of Leslie Groves Park at the corner of Snyder and Harris. Bring work gloves, weeding tool, and bucket. Questions? Call Debbie Berkowitz at 509-308-0219 or email@example.com.
Tapteal volunteers needed for Tough Rhino Mud-Run on June 9
* A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Tapteal Greenway Association based on our volunteer hours
* Volunteers receive T-shirt plus $10 food voucher
* Time slots begin at 7 a.m. and end at 9 p.m.
* You can work more than one shift
* 7-9 a.m. set up
* 8 a.m.-3 p.m. vendor liaison
* 10 a.m.-9 p.m. trash team (can break into smaller shifts)
* 9 a.m.-3 p.m. course marshals
* 9 a.m.-3 p.m. water stations on course (can break into smaller shifts)
* 9 a.m.-3 p.m. finish line
* 3-9 p.m. clean up (can break into smaller shifts)
Got to ToughRhinoMudRun.com for information on the event. Contact Scott Woodward firstname.lastname@example.org, 627-3621 to register as a Tapteal volunteer. Be prepared to give us the time you are available. Assignment will be determined later. The volunteer deadline is June 1, 2012.