- Bethany Dorian, daughter of John Dorian and Sandra Rosenau of Richland, completed Basic Cadet Training this summer. On Aug. 6 she and her classmates were accepted into the Cadet Wing of the United States Air Force Academy, Class of 2017.
Bethany is a graduate of Hanford High School in Richland, attended Columbia Basin College and Northwestern Preparatory School in Crestline, Calif.
- Air Force Airman Tyler W. Claver graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland in San Antonio.
Claver earned distinction as an honor graduate.
Never miss a local story.
He is the son of Renee and Scott Claver of Kennewick.
The airman is a 2007 graduate of Southridge High School, Kennewick.
- Navy Ensign Brandon J.V. Oland, son of Mary and Spencer Oland of Benton City, recently graduated from Navy Officer Candidate School (OCS) and was commissioned to his current rank while assigned at Officer Training Command, Newport, R.I.
Oland is a 2001 graduate of Hanford High School of Richland.
He also is a 2011 graduate of Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind., with a master's degree and a 2008 graduate of University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, with a bachelor's degree.
- Army Pfc. Kelsi J. Peck has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C.
Peck is the daughter of Sharon Robins of Phoenix, Ariz., and granddaughter of Jackie Robins of Hermiston.
She is a 2009 graduate of Hermiston High School.
- Army Cadet William M. Lane has graduated from the Army ROTC (Reserve Officers' Training Corps) Leader's Training Course at Fort Knox, Ky.
Lane is a student at the University of Washington, Seattle.
He is the son of Edward and Cynthia Lane of Prosser.
Lane graduated in 2011 from Prosser High School.
- Navy Midshipman Hannah J. Sperl, daughter of Nancy and Jay Sperl of Prosser, recently completed "Plebe" Summer at the U.S. Navy Academy.
Plebe Summer began on Induction Day, June 27, and concluded after seven weeks of basic midshipman training.
Sperl is a 2013 graduate of Prosser High School.