- Tri-Tech Skills Center's team recently competed in the national Ford AAA Student Auto Skills Competition.
The competition took place June 11 in Dearborn, Mich.
Tri-Tech students Eder Samaniego and Gerardo Rico earned twelfth place among 50 teams that competed. Samani-ego and Rico were champions of the state competition May 7, finishing the hands-on section with a "perfect car" by flawlessly repairing all the "bugs" without any demerits.
- Daniel Edward Creviston of Moses Lake recently graduated from the Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, Tenn.
Never miss a local story.
Creviston is the son of Myra and Stephen Creviston.
- Morgan Heaton of Richland was one of nine students who graduated from Eastern Washington University and awarded the Frances B. Huston Award, the most prestigious award given by Eastern to a student.
The recipients were honored at a June 14 special reception.
Heaton, daughter of Kirk and Shawna Heaton of Richland, graduated in 2008 from Richland High School. At Eastern, she is graduating with honors and a bachelor's degree in health services administration.
- Ismelda Garza, a student at Victoria's Academy of Cosmetology in Kennewick, recently completed in the Junior Style Stars competition.
Garza placed sixth in the nation at the competition.
She and other contestants were judged based on the technique of their style, color, makeup and dressing of a bridal mannequin.
- Katherine Klos, daughter of Jennifer and James Klos of Richland, has been named to the dean's list of Macalester College for academic achievement during the spring semester of the 2012-13 school year.
A graduate of Richland High School, Klos was a senior at Macalester last spring.
- Adriana Ledesma was named to the dean's list at Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, Ind., for the spring semester. To earn academic honors at Saint Mary's, a student must achieve a grade-point average of at least 3.6, have at least 12 graded credit hours, no incompletes and no grades lower than a C.
She is the daughter of Mario and Cheryl Ledesma of Richland.