CONNELL -- Here is a look at the 2010 Connell Eagles:
Coach: Wayne Riner (10th year, 97-24).
Last league title: 2009.
Last playoff berth: 2009.
Home field: Connell High School.
Projected starters (returners in bold)
OFFENSE POS YR HT WT
Chandler Salisbury QB Jr. 5-9 170
Matt Hadley RB Jr. 5-11 190
Bryant Andersen WR Sr. 6-1 190
Craymer Eppich WR Sr. 6-4 220
Logan Joyner WR Sr. 5-11 170
Alan Hawkins TE Sr. 6-3 225
Tyson Brook OL Jr. 6-0 240
Matt Gray OL Sr. 6-1 220
Rex Lyle OL Sr. 6-0 215
Cole Vanderbilt OL Jr. 6-3 260
Kennan Van Holenbeke OL Jr. 6-4 260
DEFENSE POS YR HT WT
Bryant Andersen DL Sr. 6-1 190
Craymer Eppich DL Sr. 6-4 220
Alan Hawkins DL Sr. 6-3 225
Rex Lyle DL Sr. 6-0 215
Tyson Brook LB Jr. 6-0 240
Ryan Heinen LB Jr. 5-10 185
Chandler Salisbury LB Jr. 5-9 170
James Colsen C Sr. 5-9 160
Logan Joyner C Sr. 5-11 170
Kade Eppich S Jr. 6-3 170
Matt Hadley S Jr. 5-11 190
Others to watch: DL Cole Vanderbilt, Jr., (6-3, 260); DL Kennan Van Holenbeke, Jr., (6-4, 260).
* Hadley should even be better this season. He went to a number of camps, and put on 30 pounds of muscle.
* Eagles scheduled some pretty tough nonconference foes: 2A power Othello, and 1A standouts Chelan and Cashmere.
* If defenses stack up against Hadley, Salisbury can just throw to talented wideouts Andersen, Eppich and tight end Hawkins.
* Front line will be the strength of the defense, which returns no less than five players who saw plenty of playing time. Lyle was a first-team all-leaguer on line.
* Colsen, who runs 11 seconds-flat in 100, will be Hadley's backup.
Outlook: Not only is this one of the best teams in the league, but also in the state.