Kennewick fire inspectors Lincoln Swenson and Ethan Bishop, right, take part in a fire investigation on the back porch of a home in Kennewick. Fire officials believe discarded cigarettes in a container with potting soil caused the blaze that heavily damaged the double-wide manufactured home.
Kennewick fire inspectors Lincoln Swenson and Ethan Bishop, right, take part in a fire investigation on the back porch of a home in Kennewick. Fire officials believe discarded cigarettes in a container with potting soil caused the blaze that heavily damaged the double-wide manufactured home. Bob Brawdy Tri-City Herald file photo
Kennewick fire inspectors Lincoln Swenson and Ethan Bishop, right, take part in a fire investigation on the back porch of a home in Kennewick. Fire officials believe discarded cigarettes in a container with potting soil caused the blaze that heavily damaged the double-wide manufactured home. Bob Brawdy Tri-City Herald file photo

Warning: Cigarettes in potting soil can start fires

March 20, 2017 03:29 PM

UPDATED March 20, 2017 04:10 PM

More Videos

  • Richland coach Mike Neidhold leads team to 4A semifinals

    Veteran coach talks about the heart and soul of his team