Here’s the Cool Desert Nights schedule:
▪ Registration is from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Red Lion Richland, 802 George Washington Way; or from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Dairy Queen Grill & Chill, 1313 Jadwin Ave., Richland
▪ All-City Cruise begins at 5 p.m. at TRAC, 6600 Burden Blvd., Pasco, and ends at the Richland Dairy Queen. Cars may begin lining up at the TRAC at 4 p.m.
Never miss a local story.
▪ A mini show n’ shine is 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Dairy Queen.
▪ Registration is from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Red Lion Richland or from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Uptown Shopping Center in Richland.
▪ Les Schwab Poker Run is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Poker cards are available at any of the six local Les Schwab locations.
▪ Les Schwab Show N’ Shine is from 2 to 5 p.m. at 2825 Queensgate Drive, Richland.
▪ Auto Zone Participant-Only Cruise starts at 7 p.m. and winds through Richland. Participating vehicles should begin lining up in the parking lot at the federal building off Jadwin Avenue at 6 p.m.
▪ Friday Night Street Dance runs from 9 p.m. to midnight at John Dam Plaza in Richland. The cover band, Boston Rocks, will perform, along with T Ninja Baby and The Coast, winners of the Emerald of Siam’s Battle of the Bands. The event is for people 21 and older. Cost is $7 for a weekend wristband, $8 for Friday night only if bought in advance at the Cool Desert Nights registration trailer or information booth, or $10 at the door.
▪ Registration is from 7 a.m. to noon at the Uptown Shopping Center.
▪ Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast is from 7 to 11 a.m. in the gazebo at Jefferson Park, across from the Uptown. Cost is $6 for adults and $4 for kids ages 6 to 11. Kids 5 and younger eat for free.
▪ Show N’ Shine is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Uptown Shopping Center and Jefferson Park. Vendors and concessions will be on hand, and entertainment is planned. Judging is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. A poker walk is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at participating Uptown businesses, and a kids zone will run from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
▪ A Slow Drags competition, hosted by the Richland Fire Department, starts at noon on George Washington Way. To participate, go to the Cool Desert Nights information booth at the Uptown.
▪ An Outhouse Race, sponsored by Jeff’s Lawn Care & Landscaping, runs from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Cost is $25 per team. For rules and to sign up, email email@example.com.
▪ Awards ceremony is at 3:30 p.m. at the Uptown Shopping Center.
▪ Saturday Night Street Dance is from 9 p.m. to midnight at John Dam Plaza. The bands 3rd Date and Eclectic Approach will perform. The event is for people 21 and older. Cost is $7 for a weekend wristband, $8 for Saturday night only if purchased in advance at the Cool Desert Nights registration trailer or information booth, or $10 at the door.
▪ A “Come Try Autocross” event is from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Tri-City Raceway near Benton City. The Sage and Sand Sports Car Club is coordinating. Cost is $10 for three runs. It’s open to all types of cars. Spectators are admitted for free. More on the club: ssscc.org.