The Festival of Trees at the Three Rivers Convention Center in Kennewick is Nov. 29 to Dec. 4. Ten professionally decorated trees, each worth more than $2,000, will be on display throughout the festival.
The festival is free and open to the public.
The trees will be auctioned off along with other items at the end of the event to benefit Young Life.
The festival kicks off at 10 a.m. Nov. 29 with Family Day put on by Young Life. People can snack on concessions, have their picture taken with Santa and leave with a free Christmas craft. Holiday movies also will be shown at noon and 2 p.m.
Never miss a local story.
Here's the rest of the schedule:
- Kids can ice skate with the Tri-City Americans' mascot, Winger, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 30 at the Toyota Arena. Winger will be dressed up like Santa Claus.
- The Mid-Columbia Symphony and the Mid-Columbia Mastersingers are planning a holiday concert at 3 p.m. Nov. 30. Tickets cost $15 for adults, $10 for kids ages 5-18 and $40 for families. For more information, call 943-6602.
- People can help put together care packages for military servicemen and women Dec. 1. Tree viewing is from 4:30 to 8 p.m. Elementary school choir students from Pasco will perform from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Youth steeldrum and marimba bands will perform from 5 to 7 p.m. Dec. 2. Tree viewing is from 4:30 to 8 p.m.
- Music from Fresh Trash and Lil' Garbage is planned from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Dec. 3. Tree viewing is from 4:30 to 8 p.m.
- The festival concludes with a gala and auction at 7 p.m. Dec. 4. Tickets cost $35 and can be purchased at any UPS store in the Tri-Cities and Heritage Home Accent and Floral in Kennewick.
*Sara Schilling: 582-1402; firstname.lastname@example.org