The gastrointestinal illness that prompted the brief closure last month of Jimmy Johns Gourmet Sandwiches in Kennewick was norovirus, said Benton-Franklin Health Districts health officer.
The district received several reports of the illness toward the end of May, including from people whod eaten at the West Clearwater Avenue restaurant.
The restaurant closed for a little more than a day and reopened after being cleaned and sanitized. The food also was replaced.
The district hasnt heard of any further problems, said Dr. Amy Person, health officer, on Wednesday.
Norovirus is a contagious virus that can cause symptoms including stomach pain, nausea and diarrhea.