Kennewick police look into alleged Park Middle School threat

Tri-City HeraldApril 23, 2014 

Letters were sent home Wednesday to parents of Park Middle School students as the Kennewick School District and Kennewick police investigate an alleged threat against the school.

A parent reported that their child saw another student's Facebook post which allegedly made a threat against the school, said Robyn Chastain, the district's spokeswoman. District officials have so far been unable to find the threatening post and the student accused of writing it has not been interviewed yet.

"We don't have a lot of details, but we are taking it very seriously and working closely with law enforcement," Chastain said in a statement to the Herald.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service