Small fire burns Pasco basement

Tri-City HeraldMarch 22, 2014 

A small fire burned a basement on the 700 block of West Bonneville Street.

TYLER RICHARDSON, TRI-CITY HERALD

— No one was injured Saturday when a small fire burned in the basement of house on West Bonneville Street in Pasco.

Fire crews were called around 3 p.m. when a passerby noticed smoke coming from the basement, said Pasco Battalion Chief Dave Hare.

Crews used a hose to douse the fire, putting it out in around five minutes.

It appears the fire started near a crock pot or microwave oven, Hare said.

“At this point we are not sure of the cause,” he said. “We are leaning towards an electrical fire.”

No residents were home when the fire started. There was some damage to the home and it was unclear if residents would be allowed back.

The Benton Public Utility District was called out to help investigate.

Crews from Pasco, Franklin Fire District 3 and Kennewick responded.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service