Fire evacuation at McGee Elementary in Pasco

January 23, 2014 

McGee School Fire

Students and staff at James McGee Elementary School in Pasco return to the building Thursday morning after an electrical outlet problem ignited craft paper on a wall near the outlet. A school employee used a fire extinguisher to put out the small fire, according to Pasco Battalion Chief Don Donais. The school was evacuated as a precaution until firefighters inspected the scene and determined it was safe for everyone to return inside.

BOB BRAWDY — Tri-City Herald Buy Photo

Students and staff at James McGee Elementary School in Pasco return to the building Thursday morning after an electrical outlet problem ignited craft paper on a wall near the outlet. A school employee used a fire extinguisher to put out the small fire, according to Pasco Battalion Chief Don Donais. The school was evacuated as a precaution until firefighters inspected the scene and determined it was safe for everyone to return inside.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service