Pasco school employees snuff out small fire

Tri-City HeraldJanuary 23, 2014 

Employees at McGee Elementary School in Pasco extinguished a small fire Thursday morning in a classroom. No one was hurt and there was little damage.

BOB BRAWDY — Tri-City Herald

— McGee Elementary School employees used a fire extinguisher to put out a small fire that started in an electrical outlet Thursday morning.

A short circuit in the outlet caused the fire, said Pasco fire Battalion Chief Don Donais. The flames caught nearby colored craft paper on fire.

Donais said there wasn't enough smoke from the fire to trigger the smoke detectors in the school.

Students were evacuated outdoors and the fire department was called as a precaution.

The school is at 4601 N. Horizon Drive.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service