Kitchen fire damages Kennewick apartment

By The Tri-City HeraldDecember 21, 2013 

A kitchen fire damaged a second-floor apartment in a complex in Kennewick Saturday morning.

The Kennewick Fire Department was called about 11:45 a.m. to the blaze at the Crosspointe Apartments at 7803 W. Deschutes Ave.

Crews from the Richland Fire Department and Benton Fire District 1 also responded.

The blaze damaged the kitchen and also caused smoke damage throughout the apartment unit, said Kennewick fire Capt. Matthew Worman. No other units were affected. The occupant was checked out by medics but refused a transport to the hospital, Worman said.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service