Pasco — Residents in a Pasco neighborhood were evacuated from their homes for a short period of time Wednesday following a natural gas leak.
The leak sprung from an underground Cascade Natural Gas line near the 800 block of South Myrtle Avenue and South Grey Avenue, said Pasco fire Battalion Chief Dave Hare. Fire and police officials evacuated 17 residents from seven homes.
The residents were allowed to return to their homes after about an hour, Hare said. No medical problems were reported.
Cascade gas officials crimped the line to stop the leak, Hare said. The leak was in an alley near houses.
Cascade officials continue to work on the problem.