Minor fire damages Kennewick apartment

November 20, 2013 

A Kennewick apartment sustained minor fire damage Tuesday from a fire in a child’s bedroom, according to a press release from the Kennewick Police Department.

The fire was started by a 4-year-old child using a lighter. The boy then went outside and found Christopher Tarr of Kennewick who called the Kennewick Fire Department at 6:15 p.m. to report the fire at 4819 W. Canal Drive, Apt. C, police said.

Fire crews responded and contained the fire. The rest of the apartment has only smoke damage.

The child received a minor burn to his foot, police said.

The Kennewick Fire Department is investigating the incident.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service