Fire scare at Columbia Center mall was overheated fan

Tri-City HeraldNovember 18, 2013 

— An overheated fan caused the evacuation of a shop inside the Columbia Center mall.

Fire crews were called out Sunday around 4:20 p.m. to Angelina’s inside the mall for a report of a fire. Smoke from the fan was coming through the shop’s ceiling.

Firefighters found that the belt on the fan come off, causing it to overheat, officials said. There was no fire.

The shop was evacuated for a short while before employees and customers were let back in. No smoke damage was reported.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service