Kennewick — A small fire at the Copper Ridge Apartments in Kennewick left at least five apartments with some damage, fire officials said Monday.
The fire happened a little before 3 p.m. in a womans apartment, officials said. The woman was reportedly cooking and the fire started near the stove.
A sprinkler system put the fire out quickly and no one was injured, officials said. The apartment had some light smoke and fire damage, as well as water damage.
The water from the sprinkler system trickled into at least four other apartments, causing damage, officials said.